Clevedon Minor Injury Unit
Who is this service for?
Anyone above the age of 12 months can visit the Minor Injury Unit (MIU).
What they do
The Minor Injury Unit (MIU) is a purpose-built facility based in North Somerset Community Hospital offering treatment for a wide range of minor injuries.
Treatment is delivered by their specialist emergency nurse practitioners who are fully trained in both adult and paediatric care.
Their specialist practitioners are able to treat people with minor injuries such as:
- Wounds and grazes
- Cuts needing stitches
- Trips and falls
- Broken bones (we have an x-ray facility on site)
- Minor burns
- Sports injuries
- Sprains, bruises and abrasions
- Head injuries (no loss of consciousness)
- Simple eye trauma e.g. foreign bodies
- Removal of foreign bodies
- Minor injuries in children over 12 months of age
- All minor injuries following accidents / incidents.
How do I access this service?
Waiting times are usually much shorter than at your local A&E department.
North Somerset Community Hospital